New Home Communities – The Future of Real Estate in Palm Beach County
With a current population of almost 1.5 million and still plenty of land left for development, what will Palm Beach County look like in 5 to 10 years?
According to a study by the University of Florida Bureau of Economics and Business Research that was conducted in April 2019, the population in 2035 for Palm Beach County is projected to be as follows:
- Low Estimate: 1,507,200
- Medium Estimate: 1,707,500
- High Estimate: 1,908,900
With the potential for as many as 400,000 new people living in the County within the next 15 years, there are many concerns including infrastructure (roads, police/fire, schools, etc) as well as housing.
Housing has becoming an important aspect of living in Palm Beach County and there are a number of new home communities underway at this time which will help alleviate the lack of supply as well as provide unique living options to the marketplace.
New Home Communities in Northern-Central Palm Beach County
At this time there are a number of new developments in the northern and central county area that will add approximately 15,000 homes and 5 million square feet of commercial space to the supply of inventory once fully completed. These developments are as follows:
- Alton, Palm Beach Gardens: This development is currently underway by Kolter Homes and is scheduled to be completed by 2023. When fully developed there will be 1,300 homes and 350,000 square feet of commercial space. Home prices start from the low $400,000’s and exceed $1 million. Alton is located in Palm Beach Gardens off Donald Ross Road and Central Boulevard. The centerpiece of the community is “The Club at Alton” which is a resident-only clubhouse and social center featuring a Grand Hall, resort-style heated pool with lap lanes, fitness center with aerobics room, a “Chill Zone”, tennis & pickelball courts, a full basketball court and a children’s play room and outdoor playground.
- Arden, Western Palm Beach County: Construction commenced in 2017 and when complete, Arden will have 2,000 homes among its 1,209 acres. Home prices start in the mid-$300,000’s and exceed $900,000. Arden is located off Southern Boulevard, west of Seminole Pratt Whitney Road and zoned for the Wellington school district. Amenities include a clubhouse with a state-of-the-art fitness center, two-level resort style pool with private cabanas and a splash pad, 20 miles of trails, tennis & sports courts, a children’s playground with play fields and a 24 hour manned gatehouse. The most unique feature, however, is the communities five-acre working farm which is staffed by full-time farmers and hosts events, classes and gatherings.
- Avenir, Palm Beach Gardens: This development is underway and will consist of 3,900 homes and 2.4 million square feet of office and commercial space within its 4,763 acres. The community is located off Northlake Boulevard and the Beeline Highway in Western Palm Beach Gardens. Avenir will have an Italian Renaissance style resembling Venice, Italy with waterways and Venetian architecture. The commercial development withing Avenir is planned to include a number of shopping, dining and entertainment offering so its residents will not have the leave the community when looking for things to do. Avenir will also feature a 469 single-family home community known as the “Regency at Avenir” for 55-and-older residents.
- Artistry, Palm Beach Gardens: Kotler Homes is in process of developing Artistry which will consist of 469 single family homes in a gated community. Home prices start in the upper-$600,000’s to approximately $2 million and feature nine floorplans ranging form two- to six-bedrooms and up to 4,000+ square feet of living space. The community is located off Hood Road, west of the Florida Turnpike in Palm Beach Gardens. Amenities include a lakeside clubhouse with fitness center and yoga studio, heated resort-style pool with cabanas, basketball courts and a children’s play area.
- Indian Trail Groves, Western Palm Beach County: GL Homes is in the process of finalizing development plans and approvals for a 3,000 home community on 4,900 acres. At this time we are awaiting more information on the community, its home designs and floor plans as well as their price points.
- Westlake, Loxahatchee: Construction is in process on this 4,500 home community which will also feature 2.1 million square feet of office and commercial space among its 3,800 acres. Initial home prices range from the $300,000’s to the $500,000’s. Westlake is located off Seminole Pratt Whitney Road in Loxahatachee. Amenities at Westlake are extensive and when fully developed, the community will feature a Town Center and Adventure Park. The Adventure Park is planned to include a multipurpose clubhouse building, massive lagoon pool, resort-style pool with waterslide, lap pool, splash pad, basketball courts, children’s playground, concert pavilion with event lawn and food truck court.
IF YOU ARE INTERESTED IN A NEW HOME COMMUNITY, CONTACT ME AT 561.584.8555 OR VIA EMAIL AT ALOSQUADRO@QUANTUMCOS.COM.
WE CAN TALK ABOUT THE COMMUNITIES IN THE AREA AND WHICH ONE WOULD WORK BEST FOR YOU. IF YOU ARE READY TO GET STARTED, NOW IS THE TIME TO GIVE ME A CALL.
Search for New Home Listings Here